Tuesday, August 01, 2006


.A Bad Habit.

I'm sure everyone of us has bad habits (at the very least ONE). Whether it's not being able to control ur natural reactions, such as yawning; farting; burbing; etc, or even shaking ur legs when u're daydreaming. For me, it's the 20 little hard materials made of hairs on my fingers. NAILS.

I have tried to get rid of that bad habit since 5 years ago. I seriously tried. Well the first 2 years didn't work. I tried to let it grow till 0.15 cm, but I was nervous one day and started to bite it again. Then, the 3rd year, I succeeded in growing it till 1 cm!! (altho it's only the 2 thumb finger nails) The 4th year, all 10 fingernails grew 0.5 cm and lasted around... err... 1 month?! (okay... let me be honest... it's 2 weeks...) And FINALLY, the 5th year, I finally pat my back and said, 'well done!! Look at ur nails... How beautiful they are...' I even showed it proudly to my mom. (she always said that my fingernails are hopeless...) Then, one day, I decided to cut it short. Just because it's grown too long!! Whenever I lift things up, some of it will be bent and it hurts. Never realising that cutting it short was the biggest mistake!! I got nervous (again) one day and started to play with it. Then the upper layer of the nail started to peel off. (it doesn't hurt, mind u... but it leaves a rough surfaced nail) Great. Just the thing I need. As soon as one fingernail was ruined, one by one, the rest of the 9 followed. In just less than 2 weeks, 4 of my fingernails are short, rough and round looking things. Hopeless. Hopeless.

I always wonder what I like about playing my nails. It hurts and it's hard. Nothing to be fantasized about. But I still do it. At least I don't bite the whole nail off and swallow them... (some people do u know...) I went from biting them off then throwing them to half biting them then peel them off. The worse result is the latter one cos when u peel the nail, they are not evenly done across the nail. So yeah.. u'll end up with a extremely short nail just by trying to even it out.

WARNING! when u're nervous, just put ur hands in the pockets!!

No comments: