
GoLF: the most prof sport
Getting tanned. Expensive expenditures. Pressure on patience.
Those are some of the risks of this what seemed to be a sweat-free sport. (personally) Getting the most basic swing right is extremely hard, not to mention mastering the sport. In this sport, I realised that our minds, at times, need to concentrate in keeping an arm (left) straight. Honestly, in 10 trials, I only succeeded less than 5 times in keeping my left arm straight during the swing. Basic swing, mind you. Obviously, my talent doesn't lie in this area...
The heat of the golf course is something that you will need to be able to stand. I don't think there is a single golf player that isn't tanned. (Okay we're not talking about those who doesn't have the genes to have shades in their colour skins.) Frankly speaking, I think the cap doesn't help at all...

Long before I have a go in swinging the golf stick (is there actually a specific name for it?!), I thought the only exercise that the players do in golf is the short, casual walk across the course to get to the next spot. (since for long distances, the players will tend to drive the tiny, toy-like car...)Now, I have a completely different perception of golf. It is a tough game. A game that will definitely toned your arms. Yeah, deltoids, triceps and biceps family...
It is a game that tests your patience. A game that will need you to control your level of strength. A game that certainly needs a lot of practice, accuracy and calculations. Finally, a game that needs talent to master it.
Imagine the small flag located hundreds metres away from you... That's your target. And now you are supposed to swing this golf stick made with specially designed material (which I'm not going into details about...) and hit the white, hard ball... In calculation with the speed of the wind, the spot where the stick hit the ball and the strength you transfer to the ball, the ball have to miraculously land somewhere near the coloured flag. Unbelievable Tiger Woods. *shake head*In spite of all the risks and level of difficulty, golf, I have to admit, is the most professional-looking sport. You know how in the movies they always try to make a business deal in the golf course? Yeah... probably that's why it looked all so professional and business-like.
In any case, it is still a sport with competitions and trophies. Just like any other.^^
No comments:
Post a Comment