69 hOuRs without a CeLl
Okay. That isn’t a cell like a prison cell… Just to make it catchy, u see… Cellphones! Yeap! That’s the one I’m talkin’ about… I have to tell you… it was the weirdest 69 hours in my whole teenage life!! (being aware that during my childhood, a mobile phone hasn’t exist in my little dictionary, yet.) You’ll know the importance of this high-tech gadget in the 21st century society after reading the following…
I used to know a guy who never got a hand phone. FYI: He’s 25 years old at that time. (I wonder if he owns one now…) I always wonder why he never wanted a phone that can make his/our lives so much easier… not mentioning the fashion it provides nowadays. “I don’t need one. It will only waste my money in buying the recharge cards. Besides, you have to carry it along with you all the time. It’s troublesome.” That was his reason. We couldn’t believe it!! This is one of a rare person!!
I used to bring my mobile phone everywhere. Malls. TV room. Dining Room. Toilet. Closet. Name it. I’m just scared I might miss a call…or an urgent SMS… Then something happened. Waiting endlessly for a call…or an SMS from someone makes me sick of palming my cell phone. To avoid thinking of when the call or SMS is gonna arrive, I put aside my hand phone whenever it’s possible… Okay… I missed calls and replied SMS-es a few hours after… (sorriee people!!) But it is a part of me, I admit. It has to be by my side. Active all the time. Ready to receive any sweet, lovely…or serious, urgent news!!!
Then, why on earth did I lose hold of it? Well… you can say I lost a battle and so had to sell it to my teacher. Hers was stolen when she was on a public bus. (Thiefs…thiefs…) She bought it with all her savings and had only used it for 2 days!! I lost the battle with my pitiful heart. I had to let it go. OR, you can say I’ve been wanting desperately for a new phone (Sony Ericsson k800i, allure brown), and by selling it, I can be sure I’ll get the latest one very, very soon… (not cunning, just a combination of good and desire^^)
I’ve thought about the consequences… But, of course, I didn’t care much. I’ve waited more than half a year to change my mobile phone!! Punishment struck me 3 hours after I sold my nokia 6600... I’ve forgotten to save all my contacts!! Okay…calm down… it’s only been 3 hours, she wouldn’t have deleted ‘em… But she did. I lost it. I felt like I was deserted in an island, without anyone I can contact to… (becos I don’t memorise phone numbers!!)
Morning came. I crept out of bed, grabbed my sis’ mobile phone, and changed it to my SIM card… Wait. Wait. *ZeeeZZZ* 2 SMS. That’s all? (Sigh. I’m not very famous after all…) It wasn’t anything important. Just forwarded messages. I placed everything back into order, and returned it to its original spot.
As the afternoon approaches, I panicked. OMG. I really need a phone!! I couldn’t feel vibrations. I’ve lost the touch of looking through pictures in My Gallery when boredom comes. I couldn’t SMS anyone to get their replies. Just an assurance that I wasn’t alone. My days were quiet. No ringing of phone. No texting of SMS. It wasn’t peaceful. It was sad… just sad…
‘Stupid, u know…’ Yeap! My sis’ remark of me selling the hand phone. I had to borrow her phone once in a while. Sending SMS just when needed. And end the convo ASAP. Imagine meeting a bunch of friends without a phone to contact ‘em.... That was what happened on the 24th hour… My friend’s birthday party. At the mall. Huge mall. I decided to take my driver’s cell phone with me. He can certainly live without one. It was working fine until I learnt from a friend that the mall do call car service only for cars parked outside, not basement. Oh oww!! What am I gonna do?!
I went to the basement where my driver dropped me off. I looked around, praying desperately that an image of my car was seen… But to no avail… I finally approached one of the security guard and told him my situation. Heart's thumping out of panic. “You can use our car call service at the main lobby. Better be quick, it closes at 9 PM.” I glanced down my watch. 8.55PM. Shoot!! I said thank you briefly and sprinted my way to the main lobby. Phew! Someone was still there. I requested my car to be called.
…People busily went out of the mall’s entrance door. One by one, cars pulled off to a halt and passengers would get in the car, then off it went. Where is it? Where is he? Maybe he didn’t hear the announcement. I looked at the person on the car call deck. They were preparing to leave!! OMG!! Should I request another call? Should I? After considering that question for 10 minutes, I decided to answer ‘I should’.
…Wait…Panicked…I can’t stay calm… Not having my phone and all the contacts made my fear rise. For once since a week ago, I regretted the thought of selling my phone. I admitted I was foolish…
I think I waited hours in that spot, waiting to be picked up… But in fact… I waited for approximately 15-20 minutes… Oh well… Life is sure tough without a cell…
In the end, my mom had pity on me, and bought me a temporary phone that will be passed on to the driver when I got my Sony Ericsson… Now… patience is testing me. I had to wait a little bit more. Almost there to owning that brand new, shining, sparkling allure brown phone… *flew high to imagination world*
Okay. That isn’t a cell like a prison cell… Just to make it catchy, u see… Cellphones! Yeap! That’s the one I’m talkin’ about… I have to tell you… it was the weirdest 69 hours in my whole teenage life!! (being aware that during my childhood, a mobile phone hasn’t exist in my little dictionary, yet.) You’ll know the importance of this high-tech gadget in the 21st century society after reading the following…
I used to know a guy who never got a hand phone. FYI: He’s 25 years old at that time. (I wonder if he owns one now…) I always wonder why he never wanted a phone that can make his/our lives so much easier… not mentioning the fashion it provides nowadays. “I don’t need one. It will only waste my money in buying the recharge cards. Besides, you have to carry it along with you all the time. It’s troublesome.” That was his reason. We couldn’t believe it!! This is one of a rare person!!
I used to bring my mobile phone everywhere. Malls. TV room. Dining Room. Toilet. Closet. Name it. I’m just scared I might miss a call…or an urgent SMS… Then something happened. Waiting endlessly for a call…or an SMS from someone makes me sick of palming my cell phone. To avoid thinking of when the call or SMS is gonna arrive, I put aside my hand phone whenever it’s possible… Okay… I missed calls and replied SMS-es a few hours after… (sorriee people!!) But it is a part of me, I admit. It has to be by my side. Active all the time. Ready to receive any sweet, lovely…or serious, urgent news!!!
Then, why on earth did I lose hold of it? Well… you can say I lost a battle and so had to sell it to my teacher. Hers was stolen when she was on a public bus. (Thiefs…thiefs…) She bought it with all her savings and had only used it for 2 days!! I lost the battle with my pitiful heart. I had to let it go. OR, you can say I’ve been wanting desperately for a new phone (Sony Ericsson k800i, allure brown), and by selling it, I can be sure I’ll get the latest one very, very soon… (not cunning, just a combination of good and desire^^)I’ve thought about the consequences… But, of course, I didn’t care much. I’ve waited more than half a year to change my mobile phone!! Punishment struck me 3 hours after I sold my nokia 6600... I’ve forgotten to save all my contacts!! Okay…calm down… it’s only been 3 hours, she wouldn’t have deleted ‘em… But she did. I lost it. I felt like I was deserted in an island, without anyone I can contact to… (becos I don’t memorise phone numbers!!)
Morning came. I crept out of bed, grabbed my sis’ mobile phone, and changed it to my SIM card… Wait. Wait. *ZeeeZZZ* 2 SMS. That’s all? (Sigh. I’m not very famous after all…) It wasn’t anything important. Just forwarded messages. I placed everything back into order, and returned it to its original spot.
As the afternoon approaches, I panicked. OMG. I really need a phone!! I couldn’t feel vibrations. I’ve lost the touch of looking through pictures in My Gallery when boredom comes. I couldn’t SMS anyone to get their replies. Just an assurance that I wasn’t alone. My days were quiet. No ringing of phone. No texting of SMS. It wasn’t peaceful. It was sad… just sad…
‘Stupid, u know…’ Yeap! My sis’ remark of me selling the hand phone. I had to borrow her phone once in a while. Sending SMS just when needed. And end the convo ASAP. Imagine meeting a bunch of friends without a phone to contact ‘em.... That was what happened on the 24th hour… My friend’s birthday party. At the mall. Huge mall. I decided to take my driver’s cell phone with me. He can certainly live without one. It was working fine until I learnt from a friend that the mall do call car service only for cars parked outside, not basement. Oh oww!! What am I gonna do?!
I went to the basement where my driver dropped me off. I looked around, praying desperately that an image of my car was seen… But to no avail… I finally approached one of the security guard and told him my situation. Heart's thumping out of panic. “You can use our car call service at the main lobby. Better be quick, it closes at 9 PM.” I glanced down my watch. 8.55PM. Shoot!! I said thank you briefly and sprinted my way to the main lobby. Phew! Someone was still there. I requested my car to be called.
…People busily went out of the mall’s entrance door. One by one, cars pulled off to a halt and passengers would get in the car, then off it went. Where is it? Where is he? Maybe he didn’t hear the announcement. I looked at the person on the car call deck. They were preparing to leave!! OMG!! Should I request another call? Should I? After considering that question for 10 minutes, I decided to answer ‘I should’.
…Wait…Panicked…I can’t stay calm… Not having my phone and all the contacts made my fear rise. For once since a week ago, I regretted the thought of selling my phone. I admitted I was foolish…
I think I waited hours in that spot, waiting to be picked up… But in fact… I waited for approximately 15-20 minutes… Oh well… Life is sure tough without a cell…
In the end, my mom had pity on me, and bought me a temporary phone that will be passed on to the driver when I got my Sony Ericsson… Now… patience is testing me. I had to wait a little bit more. Almost there to owning that brand new, shining, sparkling allure brown phone… *flew high to imagination world*
No comments:
Post a Comment